- Gatherly, introduced during the pandemic, is revolutionizing virtual event planning with its immersive online events platform.
- With three key goals, Gatherly aims to enhance attendee engagement, foster connections, and encourage meaningful conversations.
- Recent AI integration, powered by LangChain and OpenAI, automates event organization and personalized agendas and offers expert event planning.
As the pandemic swept the globe, we all had to adapt to a new way of life. Suddenly, our homes became our offices, classrooms, and wedding venues! Thanks to the wonders of technology, we could attend family ceremonies like weddings and engagements through online meeting platforms like Zoom, with an invitation through a web meeting link.
Sitting on that chair and staring at a blocked screen for hours was once a thrilling experience, but eventually, it became boring and monotonous. That's when Gatherly came to the rescue!
What is Gatherly?
Gatherly is an online events platform, introduced at Georgia Tech's CREATE-X Startup Accelerator by Chris Cherian, founder, and CEO of Gatherly, and is a game-changer. It's designed to give conference participants an unforgettable experience that will leave them wanting more.
Gatherly primarily has three motives:
- It believes in giving attendees more than faces on a screen. It believes in giving them a virtual space that is as intriguing and delightful as you are. This will lead to an increase in the virtual event attendance rate.
- With a virtual environment that delights, inspires, and promotes connections, you may make your attendees not leave. This will keep the attendees engaged throughout the event.
- Choose Gatherly when new relationships are formed and ideas exchanged are the most critical metrics. Gatherly will encourage them to have more conversations.
Its success you may wonder?
Organizing events live is a tedious job. Doing it online is more tedious, but hybrid events are in another dimension tedious. Gatherly has hosted almost 8000 events and has created some exciting news for its users.
In the past three years, it has developed its system, which can now organize an event by giving some prompts. Isn't that amazing? Their aim has always been to give individuals the confidence to hold exciting virtual events, even if they have never organized one.
LangChain, a well-known open-source project for AI development, and OpenAI, the company behind ChatGPT drive their most recent AI features. AI is here to create your virtual space and provide a personalized agenda with suggestions for breakout sessions, activities, and subjects.
With an expert event planner at your fingertips, organizing and executing events has never been easier or more efficient.
Depending on the plan, subscription fees range from $150 to $499 per month. Gatherly is also available to users on an ad-hoc basis for $20 to $50 each ticket. Recently, it has got investments from Knoll Ventures, Picus Capital, and a few more investors, holding up minor stakes of Gatherly.
Gatherly now has fierce competition. Many businesses that have switched to virtual meetings already use Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and other significant platforms.
In the meantime, other startups are releasing systems for meetings that use virtual reality entered reality. Gatherly's resources to repel them are limited. In the beginning, it had barely spent $4,000 on advertising.
Isn't it interesting that what was once just a part of gaming is now a part of actual daily life meetups, i.e., virtual reality? Gatherly has aced the game and given us more opportunities to organize fun and engaging events in this dimension.
Now, we won't have to be just sitting and staring around at the block screen when we can be a part of that. A link invitation would be more interesting than it used to be, with Gatherly.
Edited by Shruti Thapa